Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Saturday 11 February 2012

JL&T Railroad - Fire Station...

Well tonight I started yet another build for the JL&T.  Although this was all done in the relative comfort of the house and not the layout shed.

A little while ago I purchased several Walthers Cornerstone - Modular Kits (they were on special) well an entire box load actually.







The idea was to give myself the freedom to construct whatever size and configuration of structure/building I wanted.

I'd already purchased one other type of modular kit, which has been used in the BAPM Plastic area.  And the flexibility of the modular kit appealed to me.

So this is our first attempt, a major fire station for the JL&T.  This will be located on the centre peninsula near the layout entrance.








It is based around a 70's to 80's style, two storey, three bays (one extra long for the aerial appliance.  With mess and sleeping quarters above.  I'm hoping to fully deck out the interior on this little project.
And in case some of you are wondering, firefighting is my current and has been my paid profession for the last 10 years.


Shot showing the base & ground floor configuration all set out...



Ground floor finished, wait overnight for the glue to cure...


Rear section of the station with extra long bay for aerial appliance...




Then tomorrow night ready to start the first floor mess & sleeping quarters...




More to follow as the build progresses,

Jas...

2 comments: