Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Altering track work to install Tortoise Motors...

The last couple of days has seen some more alterations made to the track work around the centre peninsula.

To install the Tortoise Motors I have had to shift a few turnouts, when I originally did the track work for the layout I had decided to just use Caboose Ground Throws.  Now with the installation of detection and signalling the mainline requires the Tortoise Motors to be installed.

One issue has been several area that had timber framework for the layout blocking.  I adjusted the track work and replaced several turnouts to get it all to work.


It has worked out quite well as I have removed the Walthers Shinohara turnouts from the area and they are all now PECO Code 83 - Insulfrog Turnouts.  The track work is now also flowing a lot better through this section and I have gained a little length in the sidings on the right (nearest to the fascia) and this will help with operations too.

More photos soon.

Jas...

No comments:

Post a Comment