Last week I had my good friend and resident electrical guru, Brendan over to see if we could find the issue of the slow detection on the panel.
After about an hour of checking the detection blocks, running these while checking Loconet Monitor and a few other things it was decided that the layout panel .xml file was either corrupted or had some leftover artefact from the panels that was causing the panel to be delayed anywhere between 5 - 10 seconds.
It was therefore decided that the best option was going to be to start from scratch, so for the last couple of days I have been doing the layout again.
Once I had the first section of track in I tested out a few detection blocks to ensure that the slow detection issue wasn't coming back. After this initial test everything was in sync with real time, LocoNet Monitor and the panel displaying the detection blocks.
I added the remaining sections of the layout and have began the process of adding all of the detection blocks back in gain. This time I fixed a few little track issues that had been bugging me on the previous version too.
Now the layout is back in panel view and waiting on the remaining blocks and the signals to be added back in again. Far better than the last panel and I managed to get it looking a lot better too.