Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Sunday 8 January 2017

Progress on the track work alterations...

Last night I continued on with replacing the troublesome Walthers - Shinohara turnouts.  The next section was the mainline coming out of Harrisburg into Lebanon.

When finished the I had removed four Shinohara turnouts and replaced them with one PECO - Code 83 #7 Curved turnout this replaced a crossover that again was not required.

Below is the existing track work with the Shinohara crossover in place...


The PECO turnouts fitted quite well and was virtually in the same place as the longest radius Shinohara.  The added advantage is the the smallest radius for the #7 Curved PECO is still 28", I suspect that the outside is something around 32 - 36" mark.


I also managed to realign a few of the curves coming from Harrisburg into the new PECO turnout, this has made the curves flow much better and also centred the spacings between the other tracks/sidings.


One of the offshoot advantages of re-justifiying the turnouts & crossovers and replacing them with just one turnout is that I now have spare detection blocks to use in other areas (I had maxed out my BDL's) also the flow is much better and operations will benefit greatly from this exercise.

Jas...

No comments:

Post a Comment