I needed to adjust some of the bench framework, fortunately the adjustments needed only needed about 75mm/3" to be removed from the ends of the horizontal supports. I managed to miss the Tortoise Motors for two turnouts and two terminal blocks full of feeders too.
The section of sub-roadbed removed was an addition added to allow the crossover & track from the helix/nolix to be added when I built this section years ago.
The wiring that run over the top of the last helix turn also needed to be secured & adjusted so that it would clear the helix. I also had to adjust the main wiring bus and secure it in several locations to ensure that it remained clear of the helix.
Now that these issues have been completed I need to do an outside frame to support the base of the helix, this will also have risers and further frames to support the plywood sub roadbed (18mm/0.70") that has been removed to make the alterations.
It adds another 100mm/4” to the existing fascia edge. And may also assist in extending the Shippensburg Classification Yard - Tracks too, now that the I have gained some more layout area.
I’ll be looking at the bridge/river crossing frame, it has been built using two sections instead of one piece and now that it is no longer a lift up bridge and is normal secured (it can be removed if needed, I may simplify it a bit too.
Guess the lesson of this post is, always be prepared to pull something out and start again if needed...