Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Sunday 16 January 2022

Reading Deep Well-Depressed Centre - Flat Car...

Over the summer break I've had very little time on the layout, I have however managed to sneak a few hours in on my next 3D Printing project.

I've stated before that research in this hobby, and in particular prototypical anything costs you money.  Well I may have found the flip side to that in 3D Printing.  Someone posted a photo of a RDG depressed centre flatcar on one of the FB pages, I have a few TTX versions from Walthers, but didn't know the Reading had there own.

So I set about gathering a few photos, and was also lucky enough to source some original working drawings of the very car, now having 2D plans is extremely helpful as I can place the 2D print into Fusion 360 and work a 3D rendering sketch from it.

So far I have the base & depress section 3D rendered, and it should just fit into my current build plate on my 4K printer, I have a newer printer ordered, which is 8K and has a slightly bigger build plate too.


More soon as I progress with the rendering & test print of the base.

Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment