Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Wednesday 5 September 2012

More Styrene laid...


Well progression on the styrene/concrete unloading area of the Metal Fabrication Plant continued yesterday and things are moving along quite nicely.
I'm at a point now that I can lay a 100mm x 100mm section (4"x4") on both sides of the siding and the section in between the rails.  The method I have adopted is quite reliable even with differing radius on different rails.  I use a piece of paper cut to the width of the section to be laid, and then place the paper over the next section.
Then using pressure I run my fingers of both section of the rail to leave a indentation in the paper and the paper to be cut out.  I then cut out each section with a pair of scissors and lay it over a sheet of styrene.  I then either mark the section with a pencil or glue the paper section to the styrene and then scribe it with an Exacto knife till I can snap the waste section off.
Once the section is cut out I then place it into the section and trim and alter it to suit, it is taking me about 30 min to complete both sides on the centre rail section.
And here is the progress at the end of yesterday...
Jas...

No comments:

Post a Comment