Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Scratch Building a Crossing - Part 2...


Hi everyone well today I managed to get some work done on the scratch built crossing for the L&T Branch.  Today was about aligning the the track better as recommended by Alan (LK&O) and doing the ties again, I also cut the remaining electrical gaps into the crossing.
The biggest stage was to glue the ties down to a thin piece of styrene, this allowed me to better align the rails and ensure that when placed on the layout the whole crossing will remain in gauge.
The track alignment is now much better and runs fairly straight from the tangent of the #5 turnout, the siding will hold upto a 60' boxcar.
The remaining steps include adding wiring feeders to the crossing for the addition of a auto-reverser (I already have a PSX-AR) and am looking for recommendations as I think our current one may be overkill if I get another.  The other steps are the additions of the guard rails to the four approaches and the centre square guard rail, once these are added I will run a few locomotives & switches over the crossing to ensure smooth running and no DCC power issues before securing the whole crossing down with PECO Code83 Track Pins.
More to follow soon...
Jas.

No comments:

Post a Comment