Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Thursday 8 November 2012

Hiding a hole in a backdrop...

Well this week my BLMA modern billboard arrived from the USA (courtesy of Jim Rinker who forwarded it for us) and has been installed in the L&T section of the layout.

The idea was to use the billboard to hide the entrance from the main layout onto the L&T as it passes through the plaster/drywall backdrop.  I had considered using a skybridge between the the two structures either side of the opening.

Now that the billboard is in place I'm really happy with the result and fits the whole area really well.  To secure the billboard to the layout I firstly drilled out the base of the billboard upright to 10mm, I then drilled a 12mm hole through the layout baseboards.

I then placed a 10 mm Dynabolt through the hole from the bottom, I then pushed the billboard upright into the layout plaster/drywall base and tightened the Dynabolt from underneath.  This allows the billboard to be secured and tightened with the Dynabolt (care needs to be taken not to over tighten the Dynabolt and split the upright.

And here are a few photos of the finished billboard in place on the L&T...






Jas...

No comments:

Post a Comment