Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Thursday 25 April 2013

I've found the Holy Grail, well Oil Paints & Washes for Weathering...


Tonight while doing some airbrushing I decided whilst waiting for the paint to dry I'd have a go at doing some washes and oil paint weathering...
Now I have been researching the Internet & YouTube the last few days getting pointers, but for a first go man I'm impressed by what can be achieved by using these.  I've basically started out just doing some dirt runs, rust spots and runs, tire marks & wear marks and some highlights on timber.
This has been achieved with just three colours, Lamp Black, Raw Umber & Titanium White this was based on Jappe's advice when he did his loading ramp thread.
The building that was done was the Stamping Plant...

I've officially caught the bug of weathering now, I just have to control the urge to want to do more and concentrate on completing the L&T.  Now that the weather here is coming into the colder months it can be the inside/night time project...
Jas.

No comments:

Post a Comment