Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Friday, 27 April 2018

Scratch building signal masts...

Sometimes in the hobby necessity can often create a favourable outcome.  Today ended up being one of those great outcomes.

In the final push to install the last of the signals I realised I had ran out of triple head signal masts.  I normally use Tomar's triple head mast and replace the 1/8" bi-coloured LED's with the RRCirKits - tricoloured LED's with Bivar light pipe lenses.  The cost to buy the Tomar type is quite an outlay, and one that would see a two/three week wait for them to arrive from the USA too.

So looking at a surplus mast that I had lying around I decided to deconstruct it and reconfigure it to a triple head mast.  The process was pretty straight forward and I was also able to adapt the IHC plastic searchlight heads to fit the Tomar mast.



The next stage is to fit the RRCirKits LED's and place onto the layout, this mast will protect the east mainline into Harrisburg...



Signal mast installed on the layout & wired into JMRI & PanelPro...


Jas.

No comments:

Post a comment