Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Friday 2 July 2021

Making your own colour correct signal LED's...

So at the end of today's little experiment I've managed to get all three railroad signal colours into seperate 0603 SMD LED's.  I decided to try this out, as I couldn't find them anywhere with the correct colours for use in HO.

They're not the easiest things to work with, but I'm sure that after making a few, I'll pick up a process.  I've even purchased a digital soldering station with some SMD tips to help out.


Really happy with the green, it's the magical 505nm wavelength and the emerald green required for railroad signalling as recommended by AAR's AREMA railroad signal colour guide.

These will eventually go into my tri-light/g-type signal heads that I have on order.

Jason...


No comments:

Post a Comment