Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Monday 1 February 2021

Dual purpose Shelving...

Dual purpose shelf building today.  I needed some extra lighting above and around the spray booth, and I need to add an extension to the Rutherford Yard - Tail track work.

So today I built the shelf that services both needs.  The track work will be completed once I cut the access through the wall, and lay down the drywall/plaster sub-roadbed & cork sheet.  This will allow a cut of cars up to six cars in length to be pulled beyond the last of the yard ladder turnouts.

I’ve also allowed room for some caboose storage & maybe even a turntable as well... 

Jas...

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! 6 extra cars means a lot! (also, I really like the spray booth! is it one of those that doesn't vent? if so, how well does it capture the paint?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Matt, it's bugged me since building the yard that I didn't have enough yard lead at this end.
      The spray booth is actually two of the portable booths found on eBay joined together, they both vent to the outside through ducting too, very impressed with the performance so far.

      Delete