Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Thursday 3 December 2015

Last of the Mainline Fascia Control Panels installed...

Today I managed to install the last of the mainline (main layout area) Fascia Control Panels for operating the Tortoise Switch Machines.

The amount of wiring to be able to control a switch machine from a fascia panel or from a computer panel (with software) is a monumental task, and one that takes a fair amount of time to complete.

The last Panel installed was the Lancaster Junction panel...



There are nine (9) fascia control panels in the main layout area, and another three in behind the centre peninsula.


Below is the last of the Digitrax SE8C's that had all the Tortoise Motors connected to it...


Next stage is to move onto the wiring of the power for all of the blocks connected to the other BDL168's.

Jas...

2 comments:

  1. Jas,

    Great work, as usual. Those panels really turned out nicely!

    I'm in the middle of re-wiring all of my panels to go with route selection buttons instead of toggles for the switches. I feel you pain on the wiring- it just takes forever! Spend 3 hours under the layout and nothing looks any different. Oh well. It's the long, tortuous path to CTC...

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom, it took a little while to get them right but I'm happy with them now.

    I so feel your pain, I was really lucky had good friends Noel & Dennis help out with a lot of that wiring, if I didn't have the guys over I'd still be plodding along!

    Isn't it funny the lengths we will go to just to control a train or two? 😉

    Jas...

    ReplyDelete