Today I finished installing the framework for the helix base. Fairly simple construction that can be removed easily, the helix base is supported in several locations.
I have decided to use Peco Code 100 - Flextrack for the entire helix & staging area. It will save on cost compared to Code 83 and the higher rail allows for the flex track to be screw downed with stitching screws in the helix.
The stitching screws wok extremely well as they act like a flat head screw with a washer, but are all in one.
I have installed on section of flextrack today and secured in place with the stitching screws, I have also checked the radius with a Ribbon Rail 28" alignment gauge.
I'm hoping to have the remaining loops cut out tomorrow, and then beginning installing them and the flextrack as I progress. I will also be purchasing the all-thread, nuts & washes for the supports too.