Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Thursday 29 November 2018

Tweaked Staging Yard Ladder...

This morning I decided to tweak the Staging Yard ladder.  I had a couple of S Curves in the ladder and wanted to see if I could remove them.

The plan now looks like this:



First step was to extend the helix track out into a position on the Staging Deck area so that I had the right angle/reference point to work from rather than guessing it.


I also changed the turnouts to Peco SL-95 RH Turnouts, the alignment has worked much better, and I have eliminated the S Curves, along with increasing the staging track lengths a little more again.



The entire yard ladder flows much better, and has no S Curves.  The staggered alignment of the switches now allows the fronts of any locomotives to be seen while staged too.



More soon.

Jas...

No comments:

Post a Comment