Favourite Photos...

Favourite Photos...
Reading Lines GP35 #3647

Middletown, Pa

Thursday 15 July 2021

G-Type/Tri-Light Triple Head Mast - Newer Version...

Today was spent scratch building a newer version of a G-Type/Tri-Light, triple head mast signal.

I purchased some heads from Showcase Miniatures, these have great detail and are really good prototype versions.

I found some 1.8mm light tubes that fitted the cast lens case perfectly, I glued the 0603 LED’s directly to the light pipes, and fed the magnet wire through the bottom of the lens casing.

These kits also come with cast mounting brackets too, I soldered the bracket to a modified Tomar signal mast.  I’m redoing these as they’re right on the fascia edge and I wanted more detail in them.

I also came up with a method of connecting the mast magnet wires to the wires that connect to the Digitrax TSMK & SE8C.


This will allow me to disconnect masts & signal bridges from the scenic area of the layout, without disconnecting the wires from the detection system wiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment